so i went into a deli last night to get money out. as i was at the machine, a girl holding a bag of pepperidge farm cookies asked the guy behind the counter “ARE THESE COOKIES?”
this is just simply bizarre on many accounts
1. she was HOLDING a bag of cookies with an enormous picture of cookies (see below picture)
2. she did not look crazy – she was totally normal looking, youngish, and american (this may sound mean, but in new york, only a crazy person asks such a ridiculous question)
3. EVERYONE who grew up in this country knows what the below referenced cookies look like. and they know with 100% certainty that they are, in fact, COOKIES.
my only conclusion is that:
1. she has never seen a cookie in her life (most comical, i mean REALLY who the hell doesn’t know what a cookie is?)
2. she was totally and completely high (most likely, yet the only problem with this theory is she would literally have to be tripping balls to qualify for this. because even if you were “i’m on pot high” you know what a fucking cookie is.)
3. she is an asshole and was messing with the guy (least likely since she said it in a pretty earnest manner)
4. i heard her wrong (not true, i know i heard correctly)
i truly just don’t understand.
the cookies in question: