Archive for November, 2008
lately my life is involving a lot of walrus. which sounds quite hilarious.
like this test walrus. hey guy. he is aptly with a giant pile of yarn, as i’ve been knitting far too much lately.
also, i’m totally psyched i FINALLY, after oh like 7 drawn out weeks, finished my giraffe accordian book. he’s so tallllllll and smallllll.
and now for my list. i’ve been a little behind in keeping myself on track of myself. but i’m back at it.
TO DO THIS/NEXT WEEK:
- receive new cover copies
- assemble coloring books
package and label stuff for craftland
- send wares to craftland
- email blogs for promo-ness
- create game plan for xmas shows
- more info on jingle bell bazaar?
- really design wholesale sheets for moleskines + possible other things
- follow-up temp and review PT c.
- print (2) new moleskine designs
- print pom scarves (possible new color option – frustrating)
- separations for walrus print
- print first walrus print
- turkey trot designs & amanda send shirts
- finish secret xmas project 1b
- start dad’s slippers
- clean house for cousins
- finish painting front door
- Find more organic blah blah bamboo jersey
- purchase blue fabric at mood
- buy printing paper at NY central
- make copies of coloring books
COMPLETED (review from last week, with additions):
- payment for squidfire
- applied brooklyn lyceum show
- final designs to T&C for tree farm
- researched sign co’s for t&c – investigate places on c.i.a.
- sent out coloring book packets
- printed envelopes/notecards for coloring book packets
- printed yellow napkins
- printed (blue) scarves
- designed/printed amanda/mark heart shirts
- new designs for moleskine (2)
- walrus work: first draft completed, reviewed with my teacher
- printed tea towels
- finished bunny design for cathy
- printed more groovy and shucks
- finally finished giraffe book
- paint test of small hallway in dark gray paint
- sewing mini-rug
- finished sarah baby booties
- started second part of secret xmas present 1b
- continued work on mom’s scarf
- finished chris hat
around town shopping/sights:
- go see babar exhibit at morgan library
- acquire new small screens from standard for fabric printing
this is the picture of a president. i am so proud of my country. i feel hope. and so elated i can finally feel pride in my president again. this is what America needed. i look towards the future.No comments
wow. after 2 years of constant speculation. it’s finally here. i don’t see how i’m going to sleep tonight until i know. i remember in 2000 staying up so late, then going to sleep, turning on the tv in the morning, expecting to hear an answer…and didn’t.
i have cnn and npr on at the same time. i can’t even help myself. i waited an hour in line today, and was happy to wait. i couldn’t believe it. in 2004 i just waltzed in, there was barely anyone there (and i went in the morning!). not the case today. i feel everyone in line was quiet, anxious, ready to go in and help steer the course of america.
hopefully tomorrow we will have a new president. and a new era of this country can begin, we can hopefully break this 8 year stretch of ineptitude, mediocrity, and selfish special interests. let’s hope.